Monday, July 16, 2007

Handed down from generation


It seems when you talk to crafters there is always a story surrounding their family. Crafting is handed down from generation to generation. My mom taught me how to crochet and find it a great stress relief and easy to take where ever I go. My own children only wanted to sleep on a hand crocheted quilt and not some scratchy blanket. My youngest carried his around till there was nothing left and when they left home they took them with. When my daughter married he husband felt left out because he did not have one of his own. I have taught my youngest step daughter and I have a variety of shapes around my house now. They do not seem to look like the pot holder or scarf but you know we all had to start somewhere. It gives her the same pleasure it gives me and that is quite satisfying to watch in your child. I have started to do some free form crocheting adding texture in my stitches. I am enjoying seeing what will happen and how this baby quilt will turn out. I will post it when I get done. So far it is very pretty.

No comments: