Sunday, November 11, 2007

Visions of what? Dancing where?



I started to write this blog and my computer froze up so I got wise and I wrote it on word and I will copy and paste it. I can be so slow sometimes. I have completed two art fairs and I have called it quits for the season. I have shocked my husband and my family. I love the craft shows, getting ready, designing the table, talking to the customers and the venders. I do well at these events. Much better than on etsy. I need to create more inventory and I do not have the energy to go crazy making more candles. I have decided to be selfish and think about me and only me. I believe we all need to do this from time to time and in the end it really isn’t selfish at all but a necessity of life. With the holidays approaching us I am already feeling the push and I do not like it. We have almost the entire month of Dec booked with one event or another and a few more who want us to put them on 0ur calendar. ENOUGH ALREADY. I stomp by feet and I say STOP!!!! I will not be attending the church recital and if you would like our company please stop by before Christmas, we would love to see you. Just call first to see if we are home. I am going to take time to cook, to bake, to sing off key, to reflect and to run in the rain with my grandkids. I am going to do one random act of kindness each week starting with thanksgiving weekend in honor of my son law and in memory of my father in law. I am making time to cut our tree to have our traditional toast to celebrate the things we are thankful for this year and to share the dreams I have for the coming year. I am taking time to mend a fence with my oldest son that was damaged in a horrible stormy misunderstanding. I am going to toast my son in law who will not be with us this holiday season because he is in Iraq. I am going to remember and mourn the passing of my father in law who had a courageous and long struggle with cancer. I am going to take time to reflect on a year that brought me great sorrow, happiness, struggles and joy. I am going to say no to the things that I feel obligated to do and I will say yes to the things that I want to do and that bring me joy. You can find me sitting quietly in front of my fireplace sipping a scotch on the rocks. Bring it on!

1 comment:

Cheryl Z said...

girl, you are so together! hope you had a great thanksgiving with those you love. cherylz