Tuesday, August 7, 2007

The Fair a Family afair!

I did it! I made it through the Fremont Fair and had a great time. I have done craft shows so it is not like it is new but I have never done it with a group of people I did not know. I at least paid for my space and made a few cents on top of it and met some great people. I so love my family who no matter what I make( or don't) support the fact that I like doing this. I do not think it was the intention of my husband to stay all day with our two daughters but that is what they did. There is a vibration, a feeling when you are there that you get no where else. When artist gather there is an energy. I think he liked the energy and the support that he was able to give me. In all it was a very nice day, sun and I got a little tan. I wasn't at home so I did not have to do house work or those other important(not) home life things we are suppose to do. Hmm maybe I am doing this to provide myself a good solid excuse to avoid those things I can not stand to do. Now I have another excuse besides lets go play. We haven;t played all week. The dishes will be there when we get back. Yes I may be on to something. Weekends fairs no housework. I am liking this. I what I did find amazing is how long it took all of us to get ready and the checking and rechecking that we did to make sure we were ready for our 2 x 2 space. Our booth looked good. Each of our own uniqueness represented in our small area. Each of us prideful of what we had to offer and of the work we had done. This is a group of very mixed and talented crafters. Not only in materials and whimsy but in age and experiences. I look forward in all I have to learn and in getting to know these artists as we journey through our experiences at etsy and beyond! The challenges I found was not knowing what to do. I found that I needed to be doing something, I did crochet for a while but I needed to mingle with the people. I handed out bags with goodies that gave me an excuse to talk to the crowds( Use that loosely). There was a huge crowd but it dwindled before it got down to us and the tree troll. In all a lot was learned, friends were being made and fun was had by all.

2 comments:

Cheryl Z said...

sherrie, it was such a joy to talk to you & meet your family at the craft fair. and your products are beautiful & well-crafted. i enjoyed re-living the fair thru your eyes. thank you! cheryl

Cheryl Z said...

sherrie, it was such a joy to talk to you & meet your family at the craft fair. and your products are beautiful & well-crafted. great blog! i enjoyed re-living the fair thru your eyes. thank you! cheryl