Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Getting ready for the fair


I am getting ready for a fair this weekend with some sellers I have not even met yet. I made a vow to push my comfort zone this summer and give my business my all and here I am doing it. I am also meeting 10 to 15 artist from Seattle for coffee. Yes I do not know a single soul. Way out of my comfort zone. I understand networking in the world is how small business works and so I will try my hand at it even though it makes my heart race. Back to the fair. I am so not organized and I have a hard time making a decision and keeping to it because there is always another way to do it or a prettier way to present it and the list goes on. I am second guessing my pricing and on and on and on. It is not like I have never done a craft show so you would think I would just let it flow. Oh no way! I am like a pilot at take off. Check and recheck and recheck and fret that I have missed something. It is my goodness only a Sunday market. I have a small space so then I have to decide what product I want to bring. Simple? Oh not for me. I think I will just bring everything I have. I do not have to decide and if I do not have enough space, it is limited, I will have to chose when I am there. I do not have a lot of product so it is not like packing the entire castle. It is two containers. And to think I am the CEO of my company. It is amazing I get anything done. Sadly my husband is inflicted with the same personality type. Goodness making decisions in our home is needless to say a lot of talk and very little action sometimes. There are lots of tips out there for fairs, make sure you have the basics, water, food(and in this order) snacks, very little cash to spend( you will not make a profit by spending it all at the fair, go with a budget) cash to make change, receipt book, great table set up and your product( oops maybe this should be after the food) and have a good time. It is a great opportunity if nothing else to get out of the house and meet some pretty darn nice people. Keep repeating step out of the box, step out of the box

Have a great day and keep crafting!

No comments: