Friday, August 24, 2007

So how many carrots are in your basket? Tell me your story!



I have been thinking a lot about where do I go from here? What is it I want from this experience? I read a thread in the forum about who should be selling and who might want to bail. What are people thinking when they post items that just are not going to sell and nobody wants to buy low end crafts. Art has always been a personal interpretation for the buyer as well for the seller. Etsy is advertised as a one of a kind handmade sight. Hmmm who says my story is not a good enough reason to be there. We each need to know what it is we want from our venture. I already have heard a few stories all interesting and unique. Each one of us with a dream and craft that gives us pleasure. My story? I get great enjoyment from my crafts, I am very sensory motivated and so it needs to feel good against my fingers. I loose interest easily and so I will have two to three projects going at the same time. I started my business when I found myself off for the summer and I needed to do something with my time and I thought I could make a little money to finance my crafting addiction. I also wanted to learn more about the Internet and what it had to offer. This year I made a goal to really focus on my etsy business and to learn how to blog and navigate with less difficulty on line. All the while I continue to craft. I have not sold a thing this summer from my etsy store. I do have my cards in a shop in Florida and one now in Seattle. It makes me smile. I also have met a group of very nice people. I have stepped outside my comfort zone and pushed myself. I have done a street fair and look forward to a group fair in the fall. Wow all this from a hobby. I think my summer as been a success but if you just visited my shop on etsy you may have thought differently. My shop is a cover to a book that is very complex and has many chapters.


Do you have a story? Of course you do! Tell it here.

No comments: